Tips For A Safe Halloween From The Erie Co Sheriff
Erie County Sheriff Timothy Howard has released tips for a safe Halloween according to our friends at NEWS 4 BUFFALO (WIVB-TV).
Some of the guidelines from the Sheriff's Office and the CDC include:
Recommendations for Parents:
Recommendations for Kids:
- Light-colored costumes with some kind of reflective tape are recommended. Carry a flashlight or a cell phone with a bright light. Consider putting reflective tape on bags too.
- Make sure you're cell phone is accessible for quick communication.
- Only go to familiar homes and where the outside lights are on.
- NEVER enter a home or car to collect treats.
- Follow all COVID-19 guidelines, including social distancing.
- It is advisable to wear a protective mask under the costume’s mask.
- Wash hands with soap and water when you get home and before you eat any treats.
- Check CDC Halloween guidelines.
For Candy Distributors:
- Avoid direct contact with trick-or-treaters.
- Give out treats outdoors, if possible.
- Set up a station with individually bagged treats for kids to take.