Shocking Myths People Believe About Buffalo New York
Anytime you tell people that you are from Buffalo, they always assume certain things about Western New York.
They always want to know if we eat wings for every meal or it is snow every single day of the year. We decided to come up with the myths that people outside of New York, or the people downstate believe but are not true.
1. It Always Snows - Sure it snows here in Winter but it doesn't always snow. Buffalo is an amazing place to be there the three other seasons. Spring, Summer, and Fall offer so much to do and Buffalo has so much to do when it doesn't snow.
2. Wings Are The Only Thing We Eat - Yes, Buffalo is home of the chicken wing, but we have so many more amazing foods to devour for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. From Beef on Weck to sponge candy and all the delicious foods in-between Buffalo is a hotbed of culinary delights.
3. Buffalo Is Located In Upstate New York - When you look at a map of New York State, you will notice Buffalo is in the Western part of New York, hence Buffalo is in Western New York.
4. That We Never Win Anything - The Buffalo Bills won 4 straight AFC Champions, The Buffalo Sabres won the Eastern Conference in 1998-1999 and the Buffalo Bandits have won the NLL Championship four times.
5. We Are Only 10 Minutes From New York City - Anytime you tell someone that you are Buffalo, they always assume that you are from the City. Of course, we all know that Buffalo is about a 7 or 8 hour drive from New York City.
6. There Is Nothing To Do Here - People always assume since Buffalo is smaller than NYC that there is nothing to do here but in reality, there are plenty of things to do here in Western New York. From the amazing hiking trails to the breweries there is something to do for everyone.
7. The Canadian Side Of The Falls Is Better - Sure they have more restaurants businesses, but on the American side of the Falls, there are plenty to do. Plus the hiking trails on the American side are awe-inspiring and get you close to the water.