Top 5 Reasons A ‘Friends’ Reunion Is NOT Happening
Ah the internet. Remember, everything you read is true! :)
Somehow, somewhere the rumor got started that NBC had confirmed a 'Friends' reunion was in the works and the cast was on board for an entire new season in 2014.
It wasn't April Fools Day. If you saw it, why wouldn't you believe it.
Here are the top 5 reasons a 'Friends' reunion will NEVER happen:
1. 'Friends' was centered around a time in your life when your friends are your family. For the characters, there's no need anymore.
2. Jennifer Aniston has a successful movie career. Reunions are for when people's careers are over and they need to rehash the old.
3. No one actually wants a 'Friends' reunion. Sure, it'd be nice to revisit the wonderful characters that used to hoard the couches at Central Perk. But, really, it couldn't live up to the hype. 'Friends' is one of the greatest sitcoms in the history of television. It entertained audiences for a full decade.
4. All of the cast members are actively working either acting, producing etc. They are busy. No time for the reunion thing.
5. There is no real reason for them to get back together. The plot would be ridiculous. They all grew up together and moved on. So should the audience. There are no loose ends.