Tips To Keep Your Kids Busy This Summer
The kids have been out of school for nearly a month, you want some time to yourself but what do you do with bored kids or teenagers?
Here are a few suggestions...
1. Have them find odd jobs to do in the neighborhood. Something like mowing lawns, babysitting, pet sitting, or just simple household chores will keep your kids busy AND provide them with a little spending money..
2. Volunteer work. Check out opportunities for them to volunteer at places like a church, soup kitchen, senior citizen center, or a local charity.
3. Good luck with this one...try and get a jump start on the next school year. Even if your kids' school doesn't REQUIRE them to do homework or reading over the summer, have them do a little school work just to keep their minds sharp.
4. Taa Daa... Let them be bored. Some psychologists say it's actually GOOD for kids to be bored in the summer because it helps them become more self-reliant and creative. If you're always shuttling them from one activity to the next, they'll never learn how to fill their own time.
5. If you are working, and you probably are, see if you can bring them to work with you and have them help out like an intern would (depending of course on their age).
When they were young my kids used to love coming to the radio station...however there was that one time that my son Joe decided to sit at the General Manager's desk and rifle through the papers...that took a little explaining.