This Simple Homemade Hack Will Rid You of A LOT of Mosquitoes [VIDEO]
So you'd like to spend more time near the pool or by the campfire, but those pesky mosquitoes just won't give up. How would you like to trap hundreds of them for pennies? Watch the video for an easy homemade remedy. All you'll need is a 2-liter bottle, some brown sugar, yeast and water!
HOMEMADE MOSQUITO TRAP
If you don't want to watch the video, here is how to do it:
1. Cut the plastic bottle near the top opening.
2. Mix some brown sugar with hot water so it dissolves. When it cools, then pour the solution in the bottom portion of the bottle.
3. Add the yeast, but don't mix it. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
4. Place the funnel part, upside down, into the other half of the bottle. You can glue or tape them together if you'd like, but I'd leave it so you can re-use it.
5. Wrap the bottle with something black because mosquitoes are drawn to that color. Leave the top uncovered, and place it away from areas where you usually gather.
For continuous control, make a new bottle every few weeks.
Nothing in this project is toxic in case the dog gets at it, although, that could lead to an itchy nose.