The 5 Most Amazing Western New York Pumpkin Patches
We are just two weeks away from Halloween and if you haven't found that perfect pumpkin yet for your Jack-O-Lantern you need to check out these amazing Buffalo pumpkin patches.
You still have time to grab a pumpkin or two at these area pumpkin patches. Before you head out, make sure you know how to pick the perfect pumpkin.
There are some things you should be looking for when you are selecting a pumpkin for carving.
- Look for a pumpkin with a deep orange color. This means the pumpkin is ripe and perfect for craving.
- Give the pumpkin a good smack. You want to hear a "hollow" sound. That means the pumpkin is ripe.
- Make sure the bottom of the pumpkin is firm. If it is soft and mushy, that means the pumpkin is overripe and won't last until Halloween.
- Make sure the stem is firm. That means the pumpkin was getting all the nutrients that it needed. A soft or brittle stem means the pumpkin is on the downside of its life and is overripe.
- Look for a smooth surface. Pumpkins with bumps and bruises make craving it harder. A clean smooth pumpkin will make the process of making a Jack-O-Lantern easier.
Use those tips to find the perfect pumpkin. Then after you crave the Jack-O-Lantern you will want to cover the eye, nose, and mouth holes with chapstick. This will put a seal on the opening allowing it to decay at a slower rate which will make your Jack-O-Lantern last longer.
Need A Pumpkin? Check Out These Amazing Local Pumpkin Patches
The Best Things To Do In Buffalo This Weekend