Hitting The Road For Vacation? Try These Things
We are in the throws of August so if you're going on vacation this month, here are some touristy things you should try to do when visiting a city . . .
Fighting your way through traffic and crowds is definitely a downside of traveling, so it’s understandable if you want to skip the obvious tourist traps and look for things to do that are off the beaten path.
1. "Hop on hop off" bus tour. They're a quick and easy way to get familiar with a place. And they can also help you figure out what areas you want to do some more sightseeing later.
2. Visit a museum. Try to hit up an art, history, or industry museum.
3. Visit the city's tallest building. A lot of cities have buildings that let visitors take elevators or stairs to the top.
4. Go for a hike. The outdoors offers a different perspective on a city. And it's a good way to burn off some calories from all those vacation meals.
5. Attend a sporting event. Live sporting events are a great way to meet people from that city and get a taste of the local cuisine.
From my experience Boston, one of my favorite cities is a GREAT walking town, and there is so much to see. Or while in Boston take the GREEN LINE, which is a light rail system that you can hop on and off of at leisure. Check out the CharlieCard or CharlieTicket for an easy way to pay.
Local Tourist Centers and Chambers of Commerce, along with Travel companies can help you research activities in advance of your trip.