Did You Know These Things Are Myths?
Some things you heard as a kid might stick with you your entire life, even if it may NOT be true, like if you swallow a piece of gum it takes 7 years to digest it (FALSE).
Here are some other common myths compiled by Best Life Online:
- The Sun is Yellow (FALSE)...in space the Sun would look white, yellow and orange are the wavelengths our eyes let us see.
- The Appendix is useless (FALSE)...Scientists now believe it is the home of "helpful bacteria" that helps ward off disease.
- Cracking your knuckles causes arthritis (FALSE)...no such connection has been found.
- Dropping a penny from a tall building will kill someone (FALSE)...it doesn't have enough mass.
- Adding salt to water makes it boil faster (FALSE)...actually adding salt will cause it to take longer to boil, but only incrementally.
Whet your appetite...oh there are plenty more here.