8 Attractions That Prove Buffalo Is The Place To Be During Winter
When people ask where you're from, and you say "Buffalo", many times the reaction is "oh, you get all that snow"...Do we get snow? Yup, but do we stay inside and hide until spring? Absolutely not! In fact, In WNY there's just as much to do in the winter months as any other season...
According to Only In Your State.Com, Buffalo has earned quite the reputation as the area that gets some of the wildest winter weather, but what we also have are some winter attractions that are second to none.
Below are 8 must see attractions during WNY's winter months!
1. Larkinville Ice Festival-January 26th from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Vendors, sledding, indoor activities!
2. Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens- Stay warm and enjoy an electrifying lights display on Fridays & Saturdays from January 26th through February 23rd!
3. Ice Bikes at Canalside- Unique to Buffalo, take a spin on the quirky ice bikes, rent them for just $12 for a half-hour ride!
4. Ice Bumper Cars at Canalside- Bumper cars..on ice..need we say more?
5. Curling at Canalside-Try your hand at the art of curling for just $15 per person for an hour out on the ice!
6. Chestnut Ridge Park-Minutes outside of Buffalo, enjoy sweeping views of the city skyline, wonderful wintertime hiking trails, family-friendly sledding slopes, and the historic toboggan chutes!
7. Rotary Rink- Skating at Rotary Rink is completely free and skate rentals are available!
8. The Buffalo Zoo-The best part about visiting this zoo during the winter is getting to see for yourself how much fun the animals have while playing in the snow!
To check out more details on these fun attractions, CLICK HERE!