What’s Morally Right And Wrong In 2019
Gallup does a poll every year that centers around what things Americans think are morally acceptable or not. This year's results were just released and they include...
1. Using birth control. 92% say it's morally okay.
2. Divorce, 77%. That's the highest it's ever been since the poll launched in 2001. Back then, only 59% said it was okay.
3. Sex before marriage, 71%. Again, the highest it's ever been.
4. Smoking pot, 65%.
5. Being gay, 63%. 67% was the all-time high last year.
6. The death penalty, 60%.
7. Wearing fur, 53%. Down from 60% last year.
8. Abortion, 42%. That one's held pretty steady over the years.
9. Pornography, 37%. Down from 43% last year.
10. Having an affair, only 9% of people think it's morally acceptable.
You can look at all the issues and results here.