What Car Gets The MOST Speeding Tickets
When it comes to cars, there are a few known stereotypes. One of which is NEVER buy a red car, because if you do you will get more speeding tickets? Really? I wouldn't know since I have never owned a red car.
It appears some stereotypes, are based on anecdotal evidence.
Here is a FACT... The Subaru WRX crowd boasts the highest percentage of drivers with speeding tickets in the U.S., according to a new study.
The study was done by a U.S.-based insurance-comparison company Insurify, which said it sifted through its database of more than 1.6 million applications for car insurance. The team compiled a top-10 list, which classifies the percentage of drivers with a particular model who have past speeding tickets versus those who don’t, not the percentage of speeding tickets compared to drivers as a whole. More than 20 percent of WRX buyers included in the study had past speeding tickets, for example, giving it the top spot on the list. About 11.3 percent of U.S. drivers have a past speeding ticket, the study said, making the WRX about twice the average.
Here’s how Insurify ranked by percentage drivers with a speeding violation for each particular model:
- Hyundai Veloster: 14.48 percent
- Subaru Impreza: 14.66 percent
- Infiniti G37: 14.72 percent
- Dodge Dart: 14.86 percent
- Dodge Ram 2500: 15.32 percent
- Jeep Wrangler Unlimited: 15.35 percent
- Hyundai Genesis Coupe: 15.75 percent
- Volkswagen GTI: 16.92 percent
- Scion FR-S: 19.09 percent
- Subaru WRX: 20.12 percent