Tips For Planning A Staycation This Year
Has your supervisor or HR Department reminded you to take your vacation time this year (even if you are working from home), so that everyone isn't trying to take their time all at once.
If you're doing a "staycation" this summer, because travel may still be limited, don't just spend it in front of the TV.
Here are some suggestions on how to make the most of a staycation . . .
1. Separate yourself from work. Way too many of us still check in at work when we're on vacation. But it's especially important to take a mental break and recharge this year. So try to truly unplug from work.
2. Knock out any household chores ahead of time. Like laundry or cleaning up, so they won't interfere with relaxation time.
3. Plan something special you'll look forward to. Like camping out in the backyard, or a do-it-yourself spa day. Whatever it is, just plan something you can get excited about.
4. Take pictures. You should treat a staycation the same way you'd treat a normal vacation. Take pictures and post stuff on social media. One day, you might look back on this weird moment in history and wish you had more photos to document it.
5. Be creative...visit local landmarks, take a bike tour...take planned drives and really experience the community you live in.