Things You Shouldn’t Buy at Big Discount Stores
"Big box store"
Whatever you want to call this GIANT, without naming the name, here are some things you're not supposed to buy at the 'mart according to a recent report:
- Hi Def TVs -- good prices, but the TVs aren't that great, and you could find a better quality one for the same price elsewhere.
- Nuts and seeds -- Almonds are about $1.50/lb at this place...you can find cheaper.
- Gift cards -- websites offer some for less than face value.
- Laptops -- better machines at better prices can be found with a little research online.
- Wrapping paper -- $1 stores....nuff said.
- Large appliances -- things like refrigerators tend to be on sale, with free delivery, at other "department" stores.
- Batteries -- save a lot more at warehouse stores
- Sheets -- better quality ones are out there...ya get what you pay for.
- Pre-paid cell phones -- the coverage isn't great, customer service low-rated, and the phones aren't quite all they're cracked up to be.
- Groceries -- there's a few deals to get you in the door, but overall, prices are still better at a grocery store.