The Most Germ-Covered Things At Your Office
Unfortunately the workplace is a breeding ground for germs, and no matter how hard we try we are probably not going to be able to avoid the surfaces harboring the most germs.
- The water cooler.
- The refrigerator in the kitchen.
- The microwave.
- The soap dispenser in the bathroom.
- Your desk. Your desk likely has 400 times more bacteria than a toilet seat.
- Shared electronics, like the printer and the copier.
- And especially for broadcasters - headphones. Apparently sweat and earwax are like a magnet for germs.
Since you can't avoid all these areas the answer according to experts is to wash your hands with soap and water regularly for at least 20 seconds. Also use a paper towel to turn off faucets and to open the restroom door when exiting.