The First Polish Colony Church in Buffalo, NY
Founded in 1873, St. Stanislaus Bishop & Martyr Church is regarded as the "Mother Church of Buffalo Polonia".
It was established to serve the spiritual needs and offer temporal guidance to what was once the second largest Polish-American colony in North America.
The parish has the distinction of being the oldest Polish parish in the Diocese of Buffalo and is the oldest in New York State. Today, under the leadership of Pastor Thaddeus Bocianowski, the parish serves a diverse population while maintaining its rich Polish heritage and customs through daily liturgy and cultural, educational and social activities.