WNY Beaches Could Be Open Memorial Day
Phase One of reopening NYS is beginning and will possibly start Memorial Day.
According to WGRZ, New York Governor Cuomo said NY beaches can open as soon as Memorial Day but must adopt minimum state regulations. Local beaches may open as well, but that will be left up to the local governments to decide.
In order to open and remain open, local beaches must adhere to the following conditions:
- No more than 50% capacity, enforced by controlled exits/entrances and limited parking
- No "group contact activities" including sports
- Gathering places like playgrounds and picnic pavilions closed
- Enforcing social distancing (masks should be on everyone when social distancing isn't possible)
- All concessions remain closed
- Proper staffing maintained to enforce all of these regulations
This is a big step forward, but we all need to keep social distancing so that we can keep opening things up!