Largest Lottery Jackpots Ever Won In New York
Everyone has done it. You sat at home or in your office and dreamt about what you would do if you ever won the lottery.
Feel Good Mornings With Dave Fields Mon-Fri 6am-10am
Would you buy a new home, pay off all your debt, not tell anyone, and move? There are so many questions. Of course, a lot of those answers depend on how much you win.
Not sure how much of your debt would be paid off if you won $10 on an instant scratch-off ticket. If you dream big, you need to win big.
Here are the 5 biggest lottery jackpots ever won by a New York State resident according to the New York Lottery.
5. $202 Million Dollars. A group of players who played under an LLC named 1937 Flatbush Ave Dodgers LLC won the Powerball prize on June 1st, 2011.
4. $208 Million Dollars. Daniel Bruckner claimed the Mega Millions jackpot winning just a shade over $200 million dollars in December of 2011.
3. $319 Million Dollars - Seven co-workers from Albany pulled thier money and had the winning ticket for the Mega Millions. They took home $319 million dollars in 2011.
2. $326 Million Dollars - Harold Diamond held the record for the largest lottery jackpot in New York for seven years. He took home the Mega Millions jackpot in 2014.
1. $432 Million Dollars - This winning Mega Millions ticket was sold in September of 2021. The NY Lottery does not know who owns the tickets.
Any of those jackpots could definitely help some dreams come true. Remember if you plan on playing the lottery, play responsibly.