Large Fire Rips Through A House In Niagara Falls
It has been a busy start to firefighters in Niagara Falls. A fast moving house fire was seen for blocks away in the early hours of Wednesday.
According to the reports from social media, many roads were closed in the area to allow for crews to work on the blaze.
It is the time of the year when many people are using space heaters and fireplaces and wood-stoves to help hear their homes and businesses. Fire is a danger all year round but these additional heating sources pose an additional risk. IF you are planning to heat your home with an additional source be sure to do your homework and research which would be the best and safest option for your situation. If you live in an apartment, make sure that the landowner allows for any supplemental heaters.
It may be another good reminder to have a plan for your family in the event a fire breaks out. Are your alarms up to code and ready? We had a scare with our CO detector at the beginning of this year. Thankfully, the alarm was malfunctioning. But when it went off at 3a.m., we got the kids up and out of the house as quickly as we possible.
Hats off to the firefighters who rush to these emergencies in the dead of winter. It is tough job that is made even more difficult with the weather we have in Western New York.