Snowfall Totals In Western New York
Snow has been falling consistently with large amounts of lake-effect snowfall being reported all over the area.
Parts of Western New York, including Erie County, have really been hit hard with snow since around 7 pm on Friday, November 17, 2022, with 20 inches, or more, of snow being reported in some areas.
Travel all over the area has been seriously impacted across central and southern Erie County, and officials from Erie County have recently updated the Travel Ban that was put into effect. Many side streets in Buffalo and the surrounding suburbs are clogged with snow, NFTA Metro Bus service in Erie County remains partially suspended, and most public buildings like City Hall, Libraries, and the DMV are closed for business today.
In addition to this, several schools have already announced they will remain closed on Monday.
Listen To Ed-Nice Every Monday Through Friday At 10 AM on Power 93.7 WBLK
The National Weather Service Buffalo issued an update this morning with snowfall totals from all over the 716.
* This story has been updated to reflect new snow totals in Western New York *
- ORCHARD PARK, NY - Erie County - 77 Inches
- HAMBURG, NY - Erie County - 73.7 Inches
- NATURAL BRIDGE, NY - Jefferson County - 72.3 Inches
- BLASDELL, NY - Erie County - 65 Inches
- EAST AURORA, NY - Erie County - 54.5 Inches
- ELMA, NY - Erie County - 58.2 Inches
- ANGOLA, NY - Erie County - 46 Inches
- WEST SENECA - Erie County - 42 Inches
- BOSTON, NY - Erie County - 43.7 Inches
- WALES, NY - Erie County - 42 Inches
- EDEN, NY - Erie County - 41.7 Inches
- WATERTOWN, NY - Jefferson County - 57.4 Inches
- FORT DRUM, NY - Jefferson County - 54 Inches
- LANASTER, NY - Erie County - 42 Inches
- WARSAW, NY - Wyoming County - 40.5 Inches
- BUFFALO AIRPORT, NY - Erie County - 36.7 Inches
- CHEEKTOWAGA, NY - Erie County - 28 Inches
- SOUTH BUFFALO, NY - Erie County - 26 Inches
- LANCASTER, NY - Erie County - 25.5 Inches
- FREDONIA, NY - Chautaugua County - 24 Inches
- DUNKIRK, NY - Chautaugua County - 22.1 Inches
- NORTH BUFFALO, NY - Erie County - 22 Inches
- AKRON, NY - Erie County - 18.5 Inches
- BATAVIA, NY - Genesee County - 17.8 Inches
- NORTH TONAWANDA, NY - Niagara County - 9 Inches
- FRANKLINVILLE, NY - Cattaraugus County - 6.9 Inches
- LOCKPORT, NY - Niagara County - 6.8 Inches
- RUSHFORD, NY - Allegany County - 4 Inches
- MEDINA, NY - Orleans County - 3.6 Inches
The Snow Has Stopped For Now
The National Weather Service has stated that there is not any additional snow in the short-term weather forecast, which is a needed adjustment as Buffalo and Western New York have been mollywhopped with snow over the last few days. The major snow bands have moved east into Central New York.
Western New York is receiving a bit of a reprieve now, but a new storm is being forecast for later this week that should arrive around Thanksgiving Day or the day after.