You Don’t Want To Visit These 5 Cities In New York
As we get ready for springtime here in New York you may start planning on day trips but there are some places you are going to want to avoid.
Feel Good Mornings With Dave Fields Mon-Fri 6am-10am
These 5 cities were named the most dangerous in New York State and because of their high crime rate, they are going to be cities that you are going to want to keep off your must-see list.
According to crime statistics posted on the website housegrail.com, these cities in New York had the most violent crime per capita in the state.
5. Johnson City - Coming in at number 5 overall for crime rate, Johnson City had a violent crime rate of 1,230 per 100,000 people.
4. Binghamton - In at #4 is the home of SUNY Binghamton, Binghamton New York. The violent crime rate was 1,804 per 100,000 people.
3. Niagara Falls - The #3 city you want to skip on your next vacation is Niagara Falls. Their crime rate was more than double then Binghamton's at 4,343 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
2. Albany - New York Capital City is home to the 2nd largest violent crime rate per 100,000 people in New York State. Albany's violent crime rate is 8,850 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
1. New York City - The largest city in the state and in the country is no surprise also the home to the largest violent crime rate per 100,000. The shocking part is how many crimes take place. NYC's violent crime rate was 49,124 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Of course, everywhere you go has crime, but if you are looking to feel safe on your next-day trip, you might want to avoid these cities in New York.