Here’s Something To Smile About
Today is Monday, not usually the happiest day of the week and we just celebrated World Smile Day so here are some things to smile about...
1. Smiling is contagious. According to scientific research, neurons in your brain have a synchronizing feature that keeps you in sync with people you're talking to. Meaning if YOU smile, THEY'RE more likely to smile.
2. It can make you feel better. Science has shown that big, genuine smiles where you squint your eyes can boost your immune system and decrease cortisol in your body.
3. It can reduce blood pressure. Smiling releases endorphins, which can lift your mood AND lower your blood pressure.
4. It might get you promoted at work. Studies have found
that employers tend to promote people who smile more often. And one reason might be that smiling shows your boss you're engaged and easy to work with.
5. Say "cheeks" instead of "cheese" when someone takes your picture. Saying "cheeks" shapes your mouth better than saying "cheese" . . . and it lifts your cheeks upward, which gives you a more flattering and natural smile.
Just reading and talking about this put a smile on my face...feel free to share with your friends.