Ever Been Totally Embarrassed In A Social Setting
How many times have you tripped over your own feet and looked back as if to blame the curb, street or sidewalk?
While you're pondering that there is a new survey that asked Americans to name the most embarrassing social situations they have encountered.
Here they are . . .
1. Coughing in a quiet place. 52% of people in the poll said it's embarrassing.
2. Saying something stupid in front of your boss, 43%.
3. Forgetting someone's name, 40%
4. Passing gas in public, 37%.
5. Falling asleep in public, also 37%.
6. Having the hiccups in a work meeting, 36%.
7. Tripping in public, 36%.
8. Your significant other having a temper tantrum in public, 34%.
9. Your child having a temper tantrum in public, also 34%.
10. Public speaking, 32%.
My favorite is either stepping off a curb that you didn't realize is there or almost walking into something while looking at your smartphone.