7 Places in Erie County With Most Domestic Violence Incidents [List]
According to the most recent data from 2020, these towns and cities in Erie County have the most reported incidents of domestic violence.
The victims, both male and female victims who were intimate partners, as well as other family members, are defined by NYS as,
Intimate Partner (Female/Male) – Includes spouse, ex-spouse, and those in an intimate relationship (including dating or formerly dating relationships, whether or not the intimate partners had ever lived together).
Other Family – Includes sibling, child, grandparent, grandchild, in-law, stepparent, stepsibling, and other blood and in-law relationships.
7. Lackawanna City PD - 106 Total (81 female intimate partners, 9 male intimate partners, 16 other family members)
6. Hamburg Town PD - 128 Total (60 female intimate partners, 24 male intimate partners, 44 other family members)
5. West Seneca Town PD - 167 Total (88 female intimate partners, 30 male intimate partners, 49 other family members)
4. Tonawanda Town PD - 323 Total (163 female intimate partners, 59 male intimate partners, 101 other family members)
3. Cheektowaga Town PD - 361 Total (237 female intimate partners, 40 male intimate partners, 84 other family members)
2. Amherst Town PD - 375 Total (229 female intimate partners, 53 male intimate partners, 93 other family members)
1. Buffalo City PD - 3,300 Total (2,386 female intimate partners, 344 male intimate partners, 570 other family members)
If you or someone you know is in a relationship where you are a victim of domestic violence, there are resources available,
There are currently 8 domestic violence and abuse shelters and programs in Buffalo, NY with 4 offering a hotline and 4 offering emergency shelter.
You can find telephone numbers and websites for domestic violence resources in Buffalo here. You can also call the Erie County Sheriff's Office at 716-858-7999 or visit its website.