Airbnb Names Top Haunted Listings Available Now
Scary movies, gory costumes, and haunted houses all make for a fun Halloween, but if you REALLY wanna get a thrill, staying at a haunted Airbnb should do the trick...and I wouldn't expect any treats...
USA Today got the inside scoop from Airbnb on which listings are said to be their most haunted! Now touring a haunted house, whether an actual place, or a company put on haunted house, is a always fun this time of year, but could you spend a night in a place where many guests have left similar reviews all of which describe seeing ghosts,hearing sounds and having weird feelings?
Here are the Airbnb Top 7 Listings that are believed to be haunted and some details about them from their Airbnb listing:
- A vintage estate in La Cañada Flintridge, California: Built in 1929 by Robert T. Moore, passed away in his bedroom on Halloween Eve 1958. According to Airbnb, no record of his burial place has been found.
- Maison Vitry in New Orleans: The house has appeared on FX's American Horror Story and HBO's Treme, It belonged to Louise Vitry, a free African-American woman, who lived there with her French consort and their four children.
- Captain Grant's in Preston, Connecticut: served as a shelter for Continental Army soldiers during the Revolutionary War and escaped slaves during the Civil War. Since becoming an inn, guests have reported seeing apparitions and hearing strange noises in one of the rooms, called the Adelaide.
- Parks-Bowman Mansion in New Orleans: This Garden District home has what the hosts call the Haunted Bedroom on the third floor. It’s a quaint room with a private balcony shaded by a live oak tree. It is haunted, the hosts say, by a young girl in a yellow dress from the 1890s. But, the listing says, she is “very shy.”
- The Manor in St. Paul, Minnesota: In addition to having a dark, castle-like exterior, it also has a Doberman named Scorch guarding it, it has been known as the "most mysterious house".
- Laura’s Cottage, Savannah: This cabin, built in 1799, is a frequent spot on ghost tours of this historic Georgia town. It had an appearance in Robert Redford’s film The Conspirator.
- The David Stewart Farm in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania: This farmhouse and its barn were used as a civil war field hospital after the Battle of Gettysburg during the Civil War. The ghosts are apparently friendly.
Just the name of some of these places gives me the creeps! Check out some photos, at your own risk, of the available "haunted" Airbnb's by Clicking Here!