Absolutely Horrible Weather Forecasted For Bills Sunday Night Game in Kansas City
The day has finally come. The Buffalo Bills will face the Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday Night Football.
The game will mark the first time both teams have played one another since the AFC Championship game back in January; a game the Chiefs won, 38-24.
The biggest storylines going into tonight's game are the Bills defense trying to stop that high-powered Chiefs offense with Mahomes; and the Chiefs defense (which has struggled in 2021) trying to stop the Bills offense and Josh Allen. The weather might squash all of that, however.
The forecast for tonight's game looks nothing short of awful.
The Weather Channel is forecasting an 86 percent chance of rain at 8 pm and only going up as the night goes on.1-2 inches of rain is expected to fall in Kansas City on Sunday night, which would not be ideal for either team.
A strong weather system is moving into the Kansas City and Oklahoma region this evening and will bring severe thunderstorms and the chance of lightning will be a problem.
KSHB in Kansas City says that there is a 60 percent chance of thunderstorms during the game, which leaves a 40 percent chance the game will be played without a weather delay or postponement. The NFL will not allow a game to be played with the threat of lightning in the area, which could spell huge trouble here.
Bills linebacker Matt Milano and Chiefs defensive lineman Chris Jones are both game-time decisions. Both are questionable to play. The weather may or may not be a deciding factor in whether or not they play in this game.