A Third Of Us Are Going To Spend A Day Spring Cleaning
According to a new study looking at America's spring-cleaning habits 37% of us plan to spend an entire DAY or more cleaning or de-cluttering our home this spring.
The highlights of this study include:
- We feel a sense of accomplishment when we clean
- A clean environment makes us feel more relaxed
- The bathroom is the place most of us start cleaning
- The garage of basement is the place most useless stuff is stored
- Most of us have one closet with items we haven't used in ages
"For years, Americans have filled every empty space in their homes with too many items they don't use. Now, we're experiencing a cultural shift in interest towards ridding ourselves of items that no longer provide value to us," said Natalie Angelillo, vice president of community at OfferUp. "Decluttering makes people feel good and provides them the opportunity to make money by reselling to someone that'll make better use of their things."
If any of this rings true with you, start cleaning and then selling, so you can buy more stuff that you may or may not use. (PR Newswire)