10 Worst Toys of 2017
World Against Toys Causing Harm (a consumer safety group) has released a list of the 10 worst toys of 2017. As a parent who has spent some hard earned money on some of these I concur with half the list.
It's no shock that fidget spinners made the list. Maybe I'm old, but I don't get what the excitement over these things is about. They came in at #4 because of small parts that can be a choking hazard.
Mattel’s Wonder Woman sword and Marvel’s Spider-Man drone are listed for potential blunt-force injury and multiple rotating blades that can lead to eye and other bodily injuries respectively.
In the 1970's these would have been the safest toys. Those days are over, and 2017 is here so things are very different. Here is the entire list of items:
- Itty Bittys Baby Plush Stacking Toy by Hallmark
- Pull Along Pony by Tolo Toys Limited
- Wonder Woman Battle-Action Sword by Mattel
- Hand Fidgetz Spinners by Kipp Brothers
- Spider-Man Spider-Drone Official Movie Edition by Marvel and Skyrocket Toys
- Nerf Zombie Strike Dreadbolt Crossbow by Hasbro and Nerf.com
- Slackers Slackline Classic Kit by Brand 44
- The Oval Xylophone by Plan Toys Inc. and Plan Creations
- Jetts Heel Wheels by Razor USA
- Brianna Babydoll by Melissa & Doug