10 Things I Did While My Parents & Kids Were Out of Town
I'm a single mom, and like many single parents -- post-divorce, I moved in with my parents. Three grown-ups, two kids, and all of our stuff make for sometimes tight living quarters.
So when my kids' dad said he wanted to take the kiddos out of town this weekend *and* my parents were also going to be out of town visiting relatives...suddenly, the heavens opened -- I was going to have the house to myself.
The possibilities were endless. Would I go out all weekend? Would I finally clean out my car? Make a dinner just for me?
Here are all the things I did while my parents and kids were out of town this weekend:
1. Went to the gym. A lot.
2. Walked around the house in my underpants. A lot.
3. Watched at least 9 episodes of Law & Order without having to switch the channel quickly before anyone asks questions about 'mommy what is rape/murder?'
4. Took two baths.
5. Went to the bathroom without locking the door.
6. Laid on the ground/couch without anyone jumping on my stomach/back while yelling "MAMMMMA!"
7. Marveled at silence.
8. Wore a shirt that said 'f***' on it.
9. Did not go out, other than for work/gym & loved it.
10. Kept looking out the window imagining them all coming back home & looking at the clock to see if it's tomorrow yet.
Even better, the kids came home early, so I didn't have to wait too long :)